- Check-in at the Imperial Hotel, 61-66 Russell Square, Bloomsbury.
- 11.30-17.00 – Technical Demonstrations and Presentations, Gradidge Room, Art Workers’ Guild, 6 Queen Square, Bloomsbury (details below)
- 12.00-17.30 - REGISTRATION – Art Workers’ Guild
- 13.30 – Opening Address by Eddie Booth, President IHBC, Lecture Hall, Art Workers’ Guild
▹ Kings Cross canal side development
▹ Arsenal’s Highbury Stadium Redevelopment
- 14.00 – Current Research: Gus Astley Student Awards 2009, Lecture Hall, Art Workers’ Guild
- 14.00 - Technical Demonstrations and Presentations, Gradidge Room, Art Workers’ Guild continue:
- 14.00-14.20 Julian Bagg – Damp and timber decay diagnosis
- 14.30-14.50 Ged Gardiner – Creating shutters and inserting draught proofing for sash windows
- 15.00-15.20 Purcell Miller Tritton (Sponsor) – Stowe House, Buckinghamshire, gilding work
- 15.30-15.50 Rob Fraser, Donald Insall Associates (Sponsor) – Bluecoat Arts Centre, Liverpool, an award-winning project informed and shaped by a conservation management plan.
- 16.00-16.20 Stephen Bull – Traditional repair of Georgian windows
- 16.30-16.50 Charles Brooking – Architectural detail collection
- 17.00 – Technical Demonstrations/Student Awards and Afternoon Tours finish
◆ 18.00 - Welcome Drinks Reception - The Building Centre, Store Street, Bloomsbury including:
- 19.00 - Welcome Address by Baroness Andrews, Chairman of English Heritage, followed by presentation of Gus Astley Student Awards 2009
- 20.30 - Reception closes - dinner available at Hotel for Annual School Residential delegates.
Sponsored by Donald Insall Associates
- Day School at the Royal College of Physicians, Regent’s Park
- IHBC Annual General Meeting
- Formal drinks and canapés Reception at the Royal College of Physicians
Guest Speaker – ROBERT ELMS, BBC London
All delegates and their guests welcome to optional three-course dinner hosted by IHBC London Branch at the Royal College of Physicians. Cost, at £25 per head including wine, not included in the School delegate rates.
NB: Residential rates include dinners at the hotel on the Thursday and Friday.
All morning tours depart Imperial Hotel at 9.30 (Starting Points in Registration details)
Accompanied visits/walking tours (full details):
- Theatreland, West End; including internal works to the Hippodrome
- Royal Albert Hall, City of Westminster; structural works including roofspace
- Southbank and Garden History Museum; Conservation Management Plans, re-use of redundant church
- St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square; creation of entrance pavilion, community rooms and conference/event space
The afternoon self-guided options commence at 14.00
Self-Guided Visits and Heritage Trails:
- London Open Garden Squares Weekend (full details)
- Classical Architecture
- Museum Mile, Camden
- Silver Jubilee Walk (City of London Loop)
- Central London Blue Plaque Walk - Bloomsbury and Mayfair